Thursday, February 21, 2008

A Clinical Study on Glasses and The Level of Fullness/And or Emptiness They Thereby Contain

You may notice I haven't been blogging recently. And by you I mean me. I am well aware that I'm the only one who reads my blog, but it's so much easier to make yourself write if it is on the internet. I did write a long blog at three in the morning about Bush and his new budget proposal. I don't know why that of all things set me off. I try to constantly rethink how I feel about politics and step back from my own beliefs and try to feel what others feel but that is really hard to do. I don't like writing about politics because I don't want anyone to think I judge them because their beliefs are different then mine or whatever. It sounds so trite but it's true. Not just because I want other people to feel like they can be both honest and comfortable with me no matter what, but it's just way easier to get someone to listen to your beliefs and think about them if you actually listen and think about theirs.

That being said, you're an idiot if you don't like Obama. Jk, Jk. But honestly, isn't it hard not to like him? I'm of course the wrong guy to ask because I am practically in love with him. Actually I am in love with him. Not in the way I love Otis Redding or George Clooney (which is actually a few ways for him) and not love like I've had a few pitchers of dogg juice and I see some girl who is wearing a headband, but in the way you would love your teacher. The good teachers make you want to be good in class, and do well on tests, and never be late and they make you want to prove to them that you are learning. It's nice to feel inspiring, but it's just as good to feel truly inspired. I have a few months until I am out of school (if I get my thesis done) and I've noticed Ive had a change of feelings. I used to dread getting out of school, I thought I would have to find some job that I would hate and live for the weekends and Friends re-runs. By the wayI don't care what anyone says, Monica is and always has been way hotter than Rachael. Yeah, Rachael was cool for a few months because she got a good hair cut, but take her hair away and what do you have. Some skinny girl who looks like an older, better put together Olsen twin, and who wants that? But lately I feel like I will be able to do something useful, something I want. It's nice to see that millions of people don't like the way things are and want a change. It's good to feel hope and to believe in politics. It's nice to hear someone talking to you and coming up with ideas that you think are good ideas and to hear that other people think they are good ideas. Like giving students 5000 dollars to go to school if they do community service, that's just a good idea. I'm not stupid, I know he is campaigning and also what about the kids who have to work every day and can't afford school or living and don't have time to do school work, real work, and community service but it's a definite start.

Let's see what happens.

No comments: