Sunday, January 13, 2008

Setting: A Dark and Bloggy Night

I wonder what Martin Luther King thought on that fair August morning in 1963 before he delivered his euphoric, emphatic decleration of peace and hope. I too wonder what a young Memphis mother thought that morning in 1935 right before she delivered another type of king. And I wonder also what a naive alien thought, that glorious day of January 1986 when his TV sitcom aired for the first time. Why do I wonder about these things? I'm not sure. I just wonder what these heroes thought, on the days of their great triumphs. Did they know that these moments in time would be great turning points of civilization? Did they fathom the radical change of winds that they would stir? We may never know. Just as we may never know what ideas we had on this day in January in the year two ought ought eight. On this day, when Max Kreutzer began his weekly blog. Is this another great turning point in human civilization? Time shall tell.

How do I put in pictures of my cat?

No comments: